LOCAL GOVERNMENT – NJC Pay Claim 2020-2021
Most members pay has been devalued by 22% since 2009 when the cost of living (RPI) is compared to NJC pay increases. For someone earning £18,000 this represents a £5,626 loss in earnings meaning a 26.6% pay increase is needed to catch up. Meanwhile, prices for everyday goods continue to rise. Against this backdrop our claim is reasonable in providing some catch up.
NJC Pay Claim 2020-2021
- A real living wage of £10 per hour for NJC SCP 1
- A 10% increase on all other NJC/GLPC pay points
- 1 day increase to the minimum annual leave entitlement
- 2 hour reduction to the standard working week
- A national review into the causes of workplace stress and mental health issues in local authorities.
See further information here