We do this by building local and national groups of LGBT members, negotiating with employers and offering individual support to anyone experiencing discrimination. We also provide access to practical advice and legal information.
LGBT group priorities
UNISON’s LGBT group takes UNISON’s priorities into the LGBT community.
They are to:
- recruit LGBT workers into the union;
- encourage LGBT members to get involved;
- build our network of LGBT groups;
- support individual members;
- identify and challenge discrimination, informing the union’s negotiations with employers;
- defend and promote LGBT public services;
- campaign for equality.
Do you have any worries or concerns about the workplace linked to being a member of the LGBT community? If so, please contact our LGBT Officer via email for advice and assistance. Alternatively write to LGBT Officer, Staffordshire UNISON, 56 Eastgate Street, Stafford, ST16 2LY